Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Flying over Wailua Beach

I live five minutes from Wailua Beach where the para-sailers have been flying and floating over the choppy waves this week. I want to do it. My sister and I used to fly bat kites at Crockett Elementary School during the summer. I wanted to be the kite. I wanted to look down over the playground and hover in a free-float with the wind whipping through my hair. So, when I wait at the stoplight at the bottom of Kuamo'o Road and watch the striped parachutes criss-cross above the ocean, I feel brave. I want to forget that I'm forty-five and scared of falling and grab the ends of the strings and let the wind pull me across the surf.

4 comments:

Bear of Very Little Brain said...

Sis! I'm in heaven. PLEASE, (Adrienne, make her do this) please keep posting. Your words are like little breezes; keep them coming and I'll be happy! Love ya! I'll be looking tomorrow for more from you. A little sump'in. Kiss Kaylee, Danny and Glen - Jamie, if you're reading this, power on girl! Kiss Adjee when you see her; oh, and Scott. We're excited for the wedding!!!!! Yay!

A word: D0 NOT go para-sailing before the wedding. Fly a kite.

Jenny said...

Yay, I love that you have a blog! It's such a good way to stay in touch. Keep posting. I'm assuming I'll see you in May at Adriennes reception in Layton?? Love you!

Jenny

Cayo Dave said...

Hi!
The photo attached to this post is a picture of parasailing in Key West Florida. Best wishes on your upcoming wedding!

Laura said...

I can't believe we have the same blog template, but of course we are sisters, having lived almost a third of our lives as 2 peas in the same pod! I love how you write. It's awesome to get a peek at your life this way. Please keep it up and visit my site now and then. It's www.laurabsmoot.blogspot.com

Love you,
Laura
PS. Synthia was not happy that Shayla blogged the info about her mission call to a bunch of people. Sorry it came that way! :)