Thursday, April 24, 2008

Writing, Riding, and Righting

I ride my bike at least ten miles a day. I haven't been able to do this for the past year and a half, so it feels especially good now. Riding helps me clear my head, strengthens my muscles, and, hopefully, helps me shed a few pounds every month. And I get to see the island!

I also try to write every day. Writing helps me figure out what I'm thinking. It shows me the things that my mind and heart dwell on.

Together, riding and writing, help me "right" myself. Physical strength and mental strength help me deal with everything the day has to offer. Without it, I feel a little tilted to one side.

1 comment:

Bear of Very Little Brain said...

Okay, so I'm inspired. There's something about being in the sunshine besides, and not only the Vitamin D you accumulate after twenty minutes. I love contrasts outdoors, light and shade, cool and warm, noisy and not. I'm proud of you! So happy you're on your bike again. Please be careful, say a prayer every morning before you go, k? Love, Nat