Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Lord Looks On the Heart


The Bible is the bestselling book of all time. Today in church we learned about 1 Samuel 16:7 from a group of Seminary kids who had to answer the question: "If God looked into my heart, what would He see?" Some of them answered, "Love, understanding, and courage." But one boy said God would just see "a stupid kid." He went on to say that through the encouragement of others and through prayer, he finally realized that if God looked into his heart, He would actually see a young man who wants to do good. I appreciated his honesty. Sometimes it feels like we're all a bunch of "stupid kids" trying to figure things out in this world. And when it comes right down to it, it is the love we have for one another that keeps us going. It takes great courage to be understanding and forgiving, to forget our personal struggles and keep moving ahead as a "light unto the world."

2 comments:

McFam said...

Yay Sara! I'm jazzed over your blog and especially this entry. Sometimes I've struggled, considering myself a stupid mom. But I keep trying and hugging my boys and making dinner most days and reading them books, and I think my efforts pay off. You're the best!
Amy M

Laura said...

Sarah,
I think I'll use your entry today for my FHE lessone. I love what you said. We are all stupid kids now and then, and yes Amy, stupid moms too. Thank goodness God looks at our hearts and sees our purest desires.

Only 2 more days till the wedding. Oh my, are you sane?

Laura